CAMHS Routine Referrals : http://www.oxfordhealth.nhs.uk/swb-referrals
For use by professionals, young person, parent or carer.
To consider the referral, the following information will be required:
- Description of the mental health difficulty
- How long it has been affecting the child/young person and family
- Impact on the child/young person/family (e.g. school, home, friendships)
- Significant family history/events/illness
- What the child/young person would like to happen as a result of the referral
- What the family/carer would like to happen as a result of the referral
- Who else is involved with the child/young person and what have they done, how well has this worked
- Confirmation that the referral to CAMHS has been discussed with the child/young person/family/carer to obtain consent.
CAMHS Emergency referrals:
Office hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Melksham: 01865 903777
- Salisbury: 01722 336262 x 2779
- Marlborough: 01865 904666
Evenings, Weekends and Bank Holiday:
- Young people and their family should contact their GP or go to their nearest A&E department.
- Professionals should call Warneford Coordination Centre 01865 901000 (ask for SWB CAMHS on-call).
More contact options:
- CAMHS (Pre-referral) Consultation Service : 01865 903330
- Postal address for CAMHS referral forms : Single Point of Access CAMHS Referral, Melksham Hospital, Spa Road, Melksham SN12 7NZ.